exciting position has arisen for the above title between our stores, based mainly at our Welwyn Garden City Store. The ideal candidate must be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and able to multi task
within a small team. High levels of personal drive and experience in customer service and the pet care industry are also vital. Vast knowledge of pet shop products is required.
work activities include: Completing the daily maintenance and health checks on all species of livestock. This will include ensuring our high levels of cleanliness and animal welfare are met. Tasks
will also include enclosure maintenance, food preparation and animal health checks. A key eye on detail is essential. Promoting high levels of customer service to all of our regular and one off
customers. This will involve having a high level of product knowledge and being able to pass on advice and recommendations to give a high level of shopping experience. Monitoring, maintaining and
updating sales display areas to provide attractive sales spaces and help to build the image of the company. Dealing with multiple types of transactions and payment processes. Also dealing with
customers face to face, over the phone and via email.Ordering new stock and assisting with the receipt and unloading of goods. To ensure that the goods are uploaded onto the system and any issues are
rectified. Dealing with customer complains and ensuring that customer queries are able to be rectified.
candidates must have high levels of retail/ customer service based experience (at least 2 years) and preferably within the retail pet industry. Information with regards to previous experience and
suitability for this job should be detailed within your cover letter.
position is based at Welwyn Garden City but is important to be able to cover all shops; especially for the initial training. The successful applicant must be able to travel to both sites.
A full clean UK driving licence is essential for all applicants.
applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter to: The Manager, Animaltastic Pets, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4ER.There is no deadline for this position and will hold it open until we feel the
most suitable applicants, with the correct level of animal retail experience becomes available. All applicants will require a wide variety of experience in order to meet the targets points above.
APPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV AND COVER LETTER SHOWING YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THIS POSITION
exciting position has become available for Store Team Leader at our newest store. This job role will be responsible in taking on management tasks. This will include ensuring that the store is running
effectively and to the high levels set out by Company Directors. Confidence in running the store on a weekly basis with little or no
of this position can be split into three main areas:
- Staff Training and Staff Organisation: This will involve ensuring
that all staff under your guidance are trained in all areas required in running of the selected store. This will include basic/ initial training and ongoing training for more senior members of
- Stock Control and Organisation: Ensuring that all stock is kept
at the right quantities and all figures and records are correct. Vital points which must be controlled are stock rotation, ensuring correct stock levels, minimising stock wastage and ensuring
accurate stock records.
- Shop Promotion and Development: This will involve ensuring that
the selected store is kept to the high standards of cleanliness and organisation as expected and set by the Company Directors. This role will also ensure that the store’s success continues to develop
and increase through changes and development set out by the person within this position. This will include increasing the store’s reputation through the services and products in which are provided by
all members of staff under the leadership of this role.
Work Activities Include:
- Taking full control of the daily maintenance for all animal species within the premises. This will include setting the
standard of husbandry that is expected of all members of staff and ensuring that these standards are set and monitored for all members of staff under this position. This will include ensuring that
all members of staff in on a daily basis check each individual animal and report back accordingly. It will also include completing the staff training in these areas and carrying out any further staff
training if required.
- The uploading of new livestock and health checking to eliminate the spread of disease within the animal collection.
Also being able to confidently treat and administrate any oral or topical medication if any issues are reported. To train other members of staff how to stop any abnormal behaviour and also how to
administrate the common medications.
- To be able to confidently sex all species kept within the premises (with the exception of monomorphic species). This
should confidently be demonstrated and past on through the training of less senior members of staff.
- Food preparation and presentation to meet the nutritional requirements of all livestock within the premises to ensure
good health and well being. Ensuring the the daily preparation of the food is correct and all staff are trained in the relevant areas and are completing these points to a high standard with
understanding to the nutritional care we provide.
- Managing the appointed staff to the store allocated and ensuring that they receive continued training in all areas of
the running of the store. Working close with all appointed staff to ensure that their weaker areas are given full training and passing any further/in-depth training ideas to higher management to
ensure the most effective running of the store. This will include training in areas such as animal husbandry, store presentation and sales.
- Liaising with clients in all areas of sales. Giving the highest level of customer service to all customers and
ensuring that all clients leave with a positive attitude to the business. Monitoring that this air also being completed by all other members of staff within the store.
- Promoting sales and providing accurate and clear information regarding products and livestock during the sales
process. This will also include ensuring that other members of staff are also up-selling and providing easy methods for all staff to be able to complete this.
- Stocking, replenishing and cleaning all sales areas and ensuring that all areas are at the highest standards air all
times. This will be completed through staff training and staff delegation.
- Assisting with product selection and ensuring that all stock lines within the store are justified. This will include
actively looking for new lines and removing lines in which do not sell our do not warrant the space in which they hold. Communication will need to be kept with other Store Team Leaders to ensure that
we are running all stores effectively and to a similar guideline.
- Processing payments of various types and ensuring that all financial records for the store are accurate and any
abnormal behaviour or figures are reported.
- Offering advice to customers. and utilising individual product knowledge to increase sales and ensure that all
customer queries are met. This will also ensure that these points are completed when passed on by other members of staff and training is also offered after these staff queries to ensure their
individual staff product knowledge is developing.
- Dealing with customer complaints and resolving the majority of them to the benefit of the company and the customer.
This will include ensuring that conflict does not escalate and does not affect the image of the business.
- Monitoring and updating sales areas to promote and develop our client base through the lines in which we stock.
Ensuring all sales areas are looking their best at all times and utilising the staff in order to ensure that all areas of clean, date checked and looking highly presentable.
- Taking control of the ordering of stock and daily/ weekly running of the store, ensuring that lines are always kept in
stock through the regular orders by utilising all relevant members of staff. It is also the responsibility to ensure that all new orders are uploaded and stock levels are accurate. Any abnormalities
or issues must also be reported.
- To ensure that tasks are followed through on days off or annual leave and that other members of staff know how to
perform in the absence of the Team Leader. This will include daily tasks and orders, as well as longer term jobs for the development of the store.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and orders in a professional manner.
- To complete a monthly report, stating all aspects that have occurred during any given month. This will include any
staff training, new product selection and issues that have occurred during this period. It may also state any further help or suggestions which may be required for a smooth running or the development
of the store.
feel you have the right key skills and experience to take on this role. Please send you CV and a cover letter to : The Manager, Animaltastic Ltd, 30 The Queens Square, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2
Animaltastic Ltd is currently looking for a Bag Filler Team Member in order to help us in the production of our Hay, Straw and Shavings bags in which our sold within both our shops.
in hand, consists of putting the items into bags at the current level, forming a product to the correct size and standards. Due to the products being used, the job can be dirty and dusty work.
However, would suit someone looking for flexible, part time hours that could easily be fitted around other commitments.The successful candidate will be hard working, good under pressure and be able
to follow a tight schedule in order to get the required work completed within the time limit. It is also important that any candidates do not suffer from dust allergies or hay fever due to the nature
of the job. Good rates of pay for the right candidate after training. Must be available week daytime hours.
is for a maximum of two working days per week, but can be split to fit in with personal requirements. Full PPE and training is available. Pay will be dependent on age and ability.
applicants should send a COVER LETTER to: The Manager, Animaltastic Pets, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4ER.
applicants will be reviewed without a suitable cover letter to explain suitability to the job.
position does not include retail or animal experience.
Job Title: Apprentice Pet Shop Assistant (34 hours per week)
Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Salary: Standard Apprentice Wage (to increase with completed training)
exciting position has arisen for an Apprentice Pet Shop Assistant in this privately owned pet shop business where customer service is key. This position is a training post and the successful
candidate will be put onto an Animal Care qualification to be completed during the Apprenticeship role. This role is contracted for a minimum of 12 months in order to complete the required
ideal candidate must have high enthusiasm for work within the pet and retail industry. They must also have the confidence to deal with customers and with training, provide the highest level of
successful applicant must be flexible, enthusiastic, confident and able to multitask within a small team. High levels of personal drive and a friendly, positive character are essential.
Key skills used on a daily basis
- Customer interaction – Confidence when dealing with customers in-store, by email and by telephone
- Dealing with customer questions, queries
- A key eye for detail
- Promoting high levels of customer service to all of our customers
- Monitoring, maintaining and updating sales display areas to provide attractive sales spaces and help to build the
image of the company
- Dealing with multiple types of transactions and types of payment (cash, card etc.)
- Ordering stock
- Ensure stock is checked in, uploaded on to the system and stored in the appropriate manner
Highly desirable but NOT essential
- Knowledge of pet shop products
- Previous work experience of working with animals either in a pet shop, zoo or similar environment
- Qualifications in an animal welfare subject
Training will be provided in the following
- Completing the daily maintenance and health checks on all species of livestock
- Ensuring our high levels of cleanliness and animal welfare are met
- Animal enclosure maintenance
- Food preparation
- Animal health checks
- Maintaining stock levels, ensuring stock is available at all times
Applications are welcome via Indeed OR feel free to post your CV to: The Manager, Animaltastic Pets, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4ER. There is no deadline for this position and will hold it
open until we feel the most suitable applicants, with the correct level of animal retail experience becomes available. All applicants will require a wide variety of experience in order to meet the
targets points above.